Hi, I’m Jodie Fitz!
Welcome to my kitchen. If you're looking for ways to make real food for your family and make it fast, or if you're trying to figure out how to get your kids to eat foods you didn't think they'd eat, you're in the right spot.
Enjoyed by both family… and friends! I am always experimenting & creating tasty bites, finding the simplest way to do it and love sharing great flavor and time-saving finds along the way. Let's get cooking!
One Pot Mac N Cheese
• 1 - 16 oz. ditalini pasta
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 1/2 cup sweet onions, finely diced
• 3.5 cups milk
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1. Melt the butter in a medium to large saucepan over low heat.
2. Once the butter is melted, add the onions. Cook the onions over low heat until they begin to soften. Stir frequently to prevent the butter and the onions from browning.
3. Once the onions have started to cook, add the onion powder, salt, garlic powder and black pepper to the butter. Stir all the ingredients together well.
4. Add in 3 cups of milk and increase the heat to a medium heat and bring it to a low boil.
5. Add in the pasta, stir it into the milk and cover it. Stir frequently and cook until the pasta has cooked through.
6. Lower the heat temperature. Add in the cheese and additional 1/2 cup of milk. Stir frequently until the cheese is fully melted.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie Bowl
• 1 – 1.5 cups frozen fresh strawberries
• 1 cup Greek vanilla yogurt
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup granola cereals
• 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
• 1 tablespoon chia seeds
• 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
• 2 tablespoons peanut butter
• Fresh strawberries
Place the frozen strawberries, Greek yogurt, honey and vanilla extract into a blender or food processor. Blend until the ingredients form into a soft serve ice cream consistency.
Scrape the mixture into a large bowl or two small bowls. Top it with the granola, coconut flakes, chia seeds, flaxseed, peanut butter, and fresh strawberries.
More thoughts about my Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie Bowls:
• Replace the peanut butter with WowButter®. This can be
located at your Price Chopper/Market 32 Supermarkets
• Make sure you are using a nut free granola.
• Replace the yogurt with a Greek styled non-dairy option.
Lessons for Children Making Smoothie Bowls:
• Utensil Safety
• Strawberry hulling
and cleaning fruit
• Knife safety
• Following directions
• Label reading
Simply Saratoga Magazine is published by Saratoga Publishing, LLC, who brings you such award-winning niche magazines as Saratoga Bride, Saratoga Family, Welcome Home and the weekly newspaper, Saratoga TODAY!
We love Saratoga Springs! The people, the shops, the history, and of course racing season. Our Mission is to bring you everything Saratoga.
We would love to hear from you.